PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT & APPRAISAL SKILLS FOR MANAGERS AND LEADERS
THE IMPORTANCE OF PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT & APPRAISAL SKILLS
Performance management is a process to ensure that goals are being met in an effectively and efficiently throughout the organization. To be an effective process, performance management must be business driven. Performance appraisal is part of the performance management process and is a method by which the job performance of an employee is evaluated by his manager or supervisor.
Though performance management and appraisal is an important process of an organization’s results management system, the skills to carry it out successfully does not come naturally to manager and leader. Because these are skills they can be learned and developed.
WHO WILL BENEFIT FROM THIS PROGRAM
Heads of department, managers, leaders and supervisors who need to manage and appraise performance
At the end of the training, participants will be able to:
- Identify the skill sets required to carry out the performance management and appraisal process
- Use the skills to conduct performance coaching, manage performance and carry out performance reviews and appraisals
- Relate the performance appraisal process to their company’s forms and documents
- Carry out appraisals and reviews in accordance with best practices
- How to relate the performance management process to the organization’s strategic business process
- The skill sets required in effective performance management and appraisal
- How to set goals/objectives/targets/standards at the start of the performance management and appraisal cycle
- Using the SMARTER process to set goals and objectives
- How to engage your staff to perform more effectively and efficiently
- How to take corrective actions to rectify performance deviations
- The coaching process as a performance management tool
- How to prepare for a performance review and performance appraisal session
- A suggested review and appraisal session format
- Do’s and don’ts in conducting performance appraisal session
- Pitfalls in appraisal and how to address them
- Dealing with possible tension in performance management and appraisal
An interactive and experiential approach will be used with participants working in groups to practice skills and work out exercises on application using a sample appraisal from.
From GloPerformance’s team of experienced facilitators and consultants who have functional, management and training experience
Program Duration & Timing
Each module is of 2-day duration and is from 9:00AM to 5:00PM
Per module: S$ 775 per module. 10% discount for two or more registrations from the same organization for the module.
The Executive Club, OCBC Centre, Level 33, Chulia Street
Each participant will receive a participant workbook in a binder.
Certificate of Completion
Every participant will receive a certificate of completion
All our programs can be delivered on an in-company basis.
Please contact Lee Chow Han at 9417 4849 or email@example.com, or Ethan Chan at 9644 6924 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For a copy of the detailed brochure of each module please contact Lee Chow Han at 9147 4849 or email@example.com,
or Ethan Chan at 9644 6924 or firstname.lastname@example.org